Caring for Real Hair Clip In Hair Extensions
by SHOPIFY API / AUG 26, 2011
Clip in hair extensions made from human hair are generally more durable than artificial versions. If you look after your clip in hair extensions it is not uncommon for for them to last up to twelve months or regular use. If not treated with respect they will need to be replaced every three to six months – the more you look after them the longer they will last.
Like your natural hair, real human clip in hair extension should be cleaned regularly without being over treated. Shampooing should be done only after 4 to 5 uses, or when noticeably dirty.
Clip in hair extension cleaning
- Gently detangle thoroughly from ends to clips with a pick or wide tooth comb before washing your Clip-in Hair Extensions./li>
- Use a gentle flow of water holding your Hair Extensions by the clip allowing the water to run down the hair shafts (does not scrunch or tangle hair).
- Carefully shampoo with tepid (skin temperature) water and a moisturising or detangling shampoo. Do not rub or twist the hair, but gently squeeze shampoo through hair from clips to ends.
- Rinse thoroughl with clean, tepid water.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and pat or squeeze dry with towel. Do not roll or rub hair dry in towel.
- Gently detangle the hair extensions again with a pick or wide tooth comb. Start with the ends and work upward to remove any tangles, being careful not to pull too hard. Do not brush the hair when wet.
- Let your hair extensions air dry. If you are short of time you can blow dry, but use the low or cool setting.
- Once completely dry, store with clips closed to avoid tangling.
Looking after your real human clip in hair extensions will allow you to enjoy them for as long as possible. check the ClipHair website for new, high quality clip in hair extensions – now also available in Australia and Canada!