Top 9 Tips for Working from Home…Productively
by SHOPIFY API / MAR 24, 2020
Working from home always sounds like the perfect dream; you get a lie in; there’s no commute AND you can wear whatever you like! But if you add in the comfort of your home, family members, partners, pets, TV and (*whispers) the internet, then keeping your productivity up become a little difficult to do. And not only that, you’ll still need to maintain a healthy work-life balance. As more than half of the country is being advised to work from home during this uncertain period, here are some of the top 9 tips to being productive when working from home.Working from home requires lots of discipline, so for anyone that’s struggling with the adjustment, this should help you for a productive week.
1. Continue with your normal routineTry and stick to your regular schedule or set one that you can stick to. This means you can maintain your work-life balance and will be more productive. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself working longer hours and you'll prolong you morning can wear away your motivation. So, wake up, shower, make your coffee (or breakfast) and dress like you’re heading to work – this also helps to get you in the work mood too.
2. Create a designated workspaceSometimes trying to work in a place you’re usually used to relaxing in can be quite difficult. So, find a space which will allow you to focus and limit distractions. This also means that family members or house mate can respect your workspace and helps you get into the right frame of mind.
3. Take clear breaksIt can be quite easy to lose track of time and forget to take a break. Take your break away from your workspace. Go for an exercise or spend time with those who might also be at home.
4. Meal prep!
Prepare your meals the night before. Don't use work time cooking your food the day of work – cook / prepare it the night before. This also allows you to stick to normal work times.
5. Get what you needBe sure to ask for equipment you need to work from home i.e. telephone, laptop etc.
6. Interact with othersIt’s easy to self-isolate when working from home so communicate with other people during the day, even if they're not your colleagues.
7. Work when you’re most productive
Everyone is most productive at different times of the day. If you are a morning person and mostly productive in the morning, wake up a little earlier and do the most important work during the morning hours. For others, their most productive time in the workday is the afternoon and evenings, time yourself to work when you are most productive.
8. Stay Off Social Media
We all know how easy it is to get sucked into the social media rabbit hole. Social media can be a giant time-suck if you aren’t careful. Minimise mindless use of social media to avoid distractions, so you can focus on getting more done.
9. Last tipFinally, make sure once you have finished, you put your work away and relax. Take the opportunity to relax your mind with a hobby or spend more time with family.
Are you one of the many people working from home right now? What are some tips you can share with us? Let us know, and don’t forget to hashtag #WearCliphair on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to show off your looks.