Your Cart is empty
on today's blog:
The 10 Best Workout Hairstyles For The Gym
reading time: 4 minutes.
+ Index (click to open)
- 1. Best Workout Hairstyles: The High Ponytail
- 2. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Bubble Ponytail
- 3. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Braided Ponytails
- 4. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Messy Bun
- 5. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Space Buns
- 6. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Spiky Bun
- 7. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Claw Clip Updo
- 8. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Pigtails
- 9. Best Workout Hairstyles: Double French Braid
- 10. Best Workout Hairstyles: Double Dutch Braid
- 11. Conclusion:
Whether you’re a seasoned gym rat or a victim of the infamous “new year, new me” saying, if you recently invested in hair extensions you may be looking forward to your new gym aesthetic. Picture this: a comfy gym set, your brand new yoga mat, a customised reusable water flask… You think you have it all, and then you realise that you have no idea of how to style your hair at the gym. Don’t worry - there are quite a few options for you if you want to keep your glamour on whilst burning those calories. Let’s have a look at these gym hairstyles for you to sweat it all out in style!
1. Best Workout Hairstyles: The High Ponytail (back to index)
The high ponytail is a true classic, and it works its magic both on the treadmill and on the red carpet, as proven by many celebrities. If you’re lacking the right amount of volume and length, you can always apply a clip-in wrap-around ponytail hair extension.
2. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Bubble Ponytail (back to index)
This is a funky twist added to your regular ponytail. That’s right: this Y2K trend has resurrected and is now breaking the internet, especially thanks to celebrities such as Sydney Sweeney and more.
3. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Braided Ponytails (back to index)
Another take on the classic ponytail, the braided high ponytails is a fierce hairstyle that will show everyone what kind of badass you are. Classy and edgy at the same time, this hairstyle in particular works wonders on dark haired people.
4. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Messy Bun (back to index)
Who said that in order to look cool at the gym you have to look like the toughest in the room? Getting back in shape has no pre-fixed aesthetic, and if you prefer a more romantic, artsy style a cosy messy bun is the perfect hairstyle for you. You can achieve this hairstyle with a wrap-around clip-in ponytail hair extension bundled up on itself and secured with a hair tie and a couple of bobby pins.
5. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Space Buns (back to index)
What’s better than a bun? Well, two buns. Space buns are a cool, youthful and peppy hairstyle. This look rose to fame around 2014 thanks to internet platforms such as Tumblr, and it quickly became a popular option amongst alternative fashionistas. Nowadays, it’s a common look within A-list celebrities too, such as Kylie Jenner and Doja Cat.
6. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Spiky Bun (back to index)
This late 90s/early 00s trend is all the rage on social media, driven by Tik Tok and the generic nostalgia for the millennial “good old days” of flip phones, celebrity love drama and boy bands. And who better than Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo and Bella Hadid could pull off some of the most dangerous looks and trends of that era?
7. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Claw Clip Updo (back to index)
In the 90s and early 00s, every household had at least two or three of these hair accessories hanging around on a trinkets tray or in a bathroom drawer; years passed, and the claw clip slowly became a “I need something to put my hair up” accessories. The year is 2022, and now claw clips are a fashion statement. If you’d like to know more about this cute little item, make sure to read our blog: How To Put Your Hair Up In A Claw Clip.
8. Best Workout Hairstyles: The Pigtails (back to index)
You can wear them long and sleek, curled or braided. It really depends on how much you’re planning on sweating, or what machines you’re thinking of hitting. Pigtails nowadays are a popular hairstyle among celebrities and influencers altogether, including Hailey Bieber.
9. Best Workout Hairstyles: Double French Braid (back to index)
The double French plait is one of the most popular braided styles, together with their cousins - the Dutch braids. Easy and romantic, this hairstyle is the perfect choice for a beach date but also for a cheeky festival look. A must-try!
10. Best Workout Hairstyles: Double Dutch Braid (back to index)
The Dutch braid is the ultimate summer hairstyle, and even if you have short hair you can achieve it too. If you’d like to add some volume to make them stand out even more, try adding seamless clip-in hair extensions; fit them horizontally and braid them in with your natural hair. Voila! Summer hair goals.
11. Conclusion: (back to index)
Ready to get those muscles to work? With these cute 10 gym hair ideas you’ll make sure you’ll look cooler than ever whilst getting those gains. If you haven’t gotten your hair extensions fitted yet, have a look at our range of Remy Hair Extensions.
Thank you for reading our blog! We hope you enjoyed this article – if you liked what you’ve read, share this with your friends and follow us on our Social Media channels to keep up with the latest trends, tips, guides, and more!