Translation missing: en.Care Instructions: Care Instructions
STYLING YOUR CLIPHAIR EXTENSIONS
HOW TO STORE YOUR CLIP IN HAIR EXTENSIONS
You can use your hairdryer, straighteners and curling tongs on your hair extensions to achieve a variety of styles, but remember, as with all human hair, the less heat used the better. In order to keep your extensions in their original silky condition for as long as possible, it's advisable to use a good quality heat protection treatment before applying heat to your hair extensions.
You may find that your hair extensions respond to heat tools much quicker than your own hair, making them easy and fast to style. Be sure not to apply heat tools to your extensions for long periods of time. It's also advisable not to use hair spray, mousse or gel as this can melt into the hair and also to avoid a build up. Treat your extensions as you would your own hair in order to keep them looking soft and shiny. Remember to use a heat protector before any heating appliances are used on the hair.
WASHING YOUR CLIPHAIR EXTENSIONS
HOW TO STORE YOUR CLIP IN HAIR EXTENSIONS
It shouldn't be necessary to clean your hair extensions more than every 6 weeks.
- Firstly, mix half a cup of lukewarm water with a teaspoon of shampoo. The more moisturising the shampoo, the better.
- Secondly, fill your sink or a large bowl with warm water and mix the cup of diluted shampoo into the water. Keep top weft and clips out of water (this avoids swelling of the top weft and the clips going rusty). Make sure your extensions are tangle free and place them into the sink or bowl. Then swirl around your hair gently.
- Next, remove the extensions from the solution and rinse them under a running tap, holding the extensions at the top, near the clips. Cold water is best to lock in moisture.
- Squeezing out any excess water and avoiding tangling the hair, lay the extensions out flat on a towel. Apply a conditioning treatment to the extensions, such as an intensive repair treatment. Comb through from ends to weft using a wide tooth comb. Gently fold over the towel and leave for one hour to allow the conditioner to penetrate the hair.
- Rinse the conditioner out and apply a leave in conditioner. You can apply more than you would usually on your own hair. In a fresh towel, lie your extensions flat and fold the towel over them, as before. Leave the extensions to dry naturally. If you're in a hurry, leaving them in an airing cupboard or by a radiator can speed up the process.
- Once your extensions have dried, you can comb through gently from clip to tip, before applying heat protection spray and straightening one weft at a time.
DYING OR COLOURING EXTENSIONS
We have over 60 colors in our range and we offer FREE COLOUR EXCHANGES. Before choosing your hair extensions, we would encourage you to use our Colour Matching Service to get a good colour match and we can also send you samples. Always try to get a good colour match from available colours. We don't encourage dyeing the extensions, if you do however have to dye them please follow the instructions below.
- It's recommended to buy a shade closest to your own hair colour, but the extensions can be dyed up to two shades darker. The hair has already been through a chemical process, so bleaching or lightening the hair can affect the condition of the hair.
- You will need two boxes of dye per full head set of hair extensions. Do not rub or tangle the hair, simply apply the dye in a patting and stroking motion from root to tip. The hair can be dyed more than once, but remember, like your own hair, the condition will be affected the more you dye the extensions. Always follow the instructions and thoroughly rinse the dye from the extensions. Read through the above instructions on cleaning your extensions for when it comes to washing the dye from the hair.
- Always carry out a strand test before dyeing whole hair extensions. Dyeing hair extensions requires professional experience. Once hair has been dyed we cannot be held responsible for the dyeing process.
STORING YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS
- DO NOT store your hair extensions in plastic packaging!
- Close clips after removal of your hair.
- Brush hair through from top weft to ends, supporting the top weft.
- Spray your extensions with leave-in conditioner.
- Store in cotton or breathable material.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Don't use products which contain alcohol.
- These can dry out the extensions and make them brittle and weak.
- Don't wear your extensions to swim in, this will tangle them and dry them out.
- Be sure to take your extensions out before going to bed, carefully clip by clip to avoid damaging your own hair.
- Don't bleach or lighten your extensions.